- Endless vistas The view from the Island in the Sky stretches for miles as you look out over millennia of sculpting by wind and rain.
- Seeking solitude Needles, the most interesting part of the park to explore on foot, sees very few visitors, so you'll have it all to yourself.
- Radical rides The Cataract Canyon rapids and the White Rim Trail are world-class adventures by boat or bike.
- American Indian artifacts View rock art and Ancestral Puebloan dwellings in the park.
- Wonderful wilderness Some of the country's most untouched landscapes are within the park’s boundaries, and they're worth the extra effort needed to get there.
- The night skies Far away from city lights, Canyonlands is ideal for stargazing.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More