Winter Sports in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Unlike Utah's other national parks, Bryce Canyon receives plenty of snow, making it a popular cross-country ski area. The park's 2½-mi Fairyland Ski Loop is marked but ungroomed, as is the 5-mi Paria Loop, which runs through ponderosa forests into long, open meadows.
The National Park Service lends out snowshoes free of charge at the visitor center; just leave your driver's license or a major credit card with a ranger. You can snowshoe on the rim trails, but the Park Service discourages their use below the rim.
Outfitters and Expeditions
Ruby's Inn Nordic Center. This facility grooms 20-mi of private trails that connect to the ungroomed trails inside the park. Rental snowshoes and cross-country ski equipment are available. Rte. 63, 1 mi north of park entrance, Bryce, UT, 84764. 435/834-5341.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $129 & up -- New Orleans 4-Star Hotel on Bourbon Street BookIt.com
- $149 & up -- 5-Diamond Venetian Resort w/Extras, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $419 & up -- Last Minute: 4-Night Bahamas & Key West Cruise Royal Caribbean