- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
La Sal Mountains
La Sal Mountains Review
If you want a break from the desert heat, wander up to this snow-capped mountain range about 30 miles from Arches National Park. At nearly 13,000 feet, Mt. Peale is the tallest peak you'll see—it's also Southern Utah's highest point. You don't need to go nearly that high to picnic in a meadow or take one of many alpine hikes in this largely unvisited area. There's also a scenic drive that gives you some great vistas of the valley. The roads can be impassable in winter, but the cross-country skiing is great.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
We will be in southern Utah next week. Read more