- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wolfe Ranch Review
Built in 1906 out of Fremont cottonwoods, this rustic one-room cabin housed Civil War veteran John Wesley Wolfe and his family after their first cabin was lost to a flash flood. Look for remains of a root cellar and a corral as well. Even older than these structures is the nearby Ute rock-art panel by the Delicate Arch trailhead. About 150 feet past the footbridge and before the trail starts to climb, you can see images of bighorn sheep and figures on horseback, as well as some smaller images believed to be dogs. To reach the panel, follow the narrow dirt trail along the rock escarpment until you see the interpretive sign.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Thanksgiving cooking is calling so I will keep this brief. Read more
Took the kids (ages 11 and 8) down to Bryce Canyon for Fall Break. Read more
My family is looking to take a road trip out west to visit landmarks and national parks this summer in the month of July or August. Read more