- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Utah, 4th Edition
Delicate Arch Review
The iconic symbol of the park and the state (it appears on many of Utah's license plates), the Delicate Arch is frankly tall and muscular compared to many of the spans in the park—and it's big enough to shelter a four-story building. The arch is a remnant of an Entrada Sandstone fin; the rest of the rock has eroded and now frames the La Sal Mountains in the background. Drive 2.2 miles off the main road to view the arch from a distance, or hike right up to it. The trail is a moderately strenuous 3-mile round-trip hike.
- Address: 13 miles from park entrance, 2.2 miles off main road, Arches National Park, UT 84532
- Location: Arches National Park
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In April 2013, my husband and I did a Utah and Arizona Grand Circle tour-covering the Grand Canyon, the Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Natural Bridges National Monument, The Needles and the Island Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
Hoy, we are making a family trip in April (2 adults, 3girls 13,11,10y). Read more