Arches National Park Experience
Top Reasons to Go to Arches National Park
Arch appeal: Nowhere in the world has such a large array and quantity of natural arches.
Legendary landscape: This section of Utah is every photographer’s dream. No wonder it’s been the backdrop for Hollywood legends from John Wayne to Indiana Jones and Thelma & Louise.
Treasures hanging in the balance: Landscape Arch and Balanced Rock look like they might topple tomorrow and they could! Come quick as the features in this park erode and evolve constantly.
Fins and needles: Fins are parallel vertical shafts of eroding rock that slowly disintegrate into towerlike "needles." The spaces around and between them will carve their way into your memories like the wind and water that formed them.
Moab: Utah’s alternative town is a great base from which to explore by foot, bicycle, balloon, watercraft, and four-wheeler.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's