- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This is the land of the open road. The best—and really—the only way to access the Hill Country is by car (or by motorcycle, which is an increasingly popular method). The towns are small enough that parking is not a problem. And though it's not encouraged, you're probably pretty safe leaving your car unlocked. Locals joke that they can spot an out-of-towner when they hear the "beep" of a car alarm.
You can rent a car from any of the major national chains at Austin Bergstrom International Airport and San Antonio International Airport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's