- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Austin Bergstrom International Airport and San Antonio International Airport are served by American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Northwest, Southwest, United, and US Airways. Hill Country towns begin within 25 to 30 mi of either airport. From Austin's Bergstrom International Airport, follow U.S. 290 west until the terrain changes from flat, to steep and rolling. To get to northern towns such as Marble Falls, Llano, and Burnet, exit U.S. 281 and head north. Fredericksburg, Boerne, Comfort, and Bandera are all farther west from 281, but are easily reached with a little map navigation. New Braunfels, Gruene, and San Marcos are easily accessed from 1-35 between Austin and San Antonio. From San Antonio's International Airport, U.S. 281 North and I-10 West will both take you straight into the heart of the Hill Country.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (3600 Presidential Blvd., Austin, TX. 512/530-2242. www.ci.austin.tx.us.)
San Antonio International Airport (9800 Airport Blvd., San Antonio, TX. 210/207-3450. www.ci.sat.tx.us.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's