- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kayaking, Rafting & Tubing Outfiitters
River outfitters are easily found dotting the banks of the river, where tubes, rafts, and kayaks can be rented for the day. A few to try: Rockin 'R' River Rides. Rockin 'R' River Rides 1405 Gruene Rd., New Braunfels, TX. 830/629-9999.
, Gruene River Co.. Gruene River Co. 1404 Gruene Rd., New Braunfels, TX. 830/625-2800.
, and Rio Raft & Resort (14130 River Rd., New Braunfels, TX. 830/964-3613.)
Texas Ski Ranch. For those looking for a little adventure, or who have teenagers along for the ride, the Texas Ski Ranch offers a great outlet for skiers and skateboarders. Most recognized for its cableway circular lake that uses cables to pull up to six skiers, wakeboarders, or kneeboarders at all levels around the lake, the 70-acre park also features a 15,000-square-foot skateboarding street-style course offering everything from ramps and rails to half pipes. The park also has a challenging moto-cross track featuring a mix of flats, obstacles, and hills, but it is only open to members who pay an annual $425 fee. Off I–35 in New Braunfels, between San Antonio and Austin, Exit 193 or 194, New Braunfels, TX. 830/627–2843. www.texasskiranch.com. $23–$36 (skiing, does not include rentals), $5 (skateboard course). Mar.–Sept. daily 9am—dark (night rides available until midnight on Thurs.); Oct.–Feb. Fri.–Sun. 11–dark.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Kayaking, Rafting & Tubing Outfiitters
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe