- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Though going vertical on massive boulders in a four-wheel drive vehicle is a site normally seen in Moab, Utah, rock crawling is actually possible at the Katemcy granite outcropping on the Kruse Off-Road Park 10 miles north of Mason. Off-roading adventurers will find a number of trails and obstacles to master on this 800-acre property.
Katemcy Rocks at Kruse Off-Road Park (Kruse Off-Road Park, Mason, TX. 325/347-6333. www.katemcyrocks.com. $30. No credit cards. Feb.-Oct.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's