- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating Lake Marble Falls and Lake LBJ. In the warmer months, if you want to know where the good time is, you'll have to get out on the water. Most of the recreational activity centers around Lake Marble Falls and Lake LBJ in the spring, summer, and early fall. These two lakes are known for being more family-friendly than Austin's wilder lakes Travis and Austin. Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina can assist in outfitting you and your crew with the perfect watercraft. 200 S. Wirtz Dam Rd., Marble Falls, TX. 830/693-9172. www.lakelbjmarina.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe