- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cypress Valley Canopy Tours. Cypress Valley Canopy Tours zips you through the treetops to experience nature from a bird's eye view. Tucked away in a ravine lined with bald cypress trees, the Canopy Tour leads you along a maze of zip lines and sky bridges. For even more adventure, the Canopy Challenge is an additional course with endurance high ropes obstacles. Bird-watchers may also enjoy the Sunrise Birding Tour, which is guided by a local biologist. 1223 Paleface RR, Spicewood, TX. 512/264-8880. www.cypressvalleycanopytours.com. $65-$125. Mar.-Nov., 9am-sundown.
One of Marble Falls' economic foundations is Granite Mountain. The great granite dome rises 866 feet; its more than 180 acres of exposed granite serve as the largest granite quarry of its kind in the United States. Although visitors are not admitted to the quarry itself, you can get a great view of the mountain from J Street toward 2nd Street.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $93-$127 -- Austin Hotel near Downtown, incl. July Fourth Crowne Plaza Austin
- $299 -- Hill Country 4-Diamond Hotel incl. $100 Credit JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
- $6.28 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
- $119 -- Westin Riverwalk incl. Weekends, Save 50% — $119 The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio
- $85-$135 -- Dallas Hotel near the Galleria incl. Weekends — $85-$135 Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria