- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
For much of the year, even in the cooler months, Lake Travis is alive with boats, waterskis, and wakeboards. Public boat ramps are available in a number of different locations along the shores. Contact the marinas listed to get the nearest location.
To get a little piece of lake action, a few of the reputable boat outfitters include: Lakeway Marina. Lakeway Marina 103-A Lakeway Dr., Austin, TX. 512/261–7511. www.lwmarina.biz. Daily 8–5, extended summer hours 8–7.
), Hurst Harbor Marina. Hurst Harbor Marina 16405 Clara Van Tr., Austin, TX. 512/266–1800. www.hhmarina.biz. Daily 8–5 .
, and Just For Fun Watercraft Rental (5973 Hiline Rd., Austin, TX. 512/266-9710. www.jff.net. Daily.)
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's