- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just 7 mi west of Kerrville, along the picturesque Guadalupe River, lies the small town of Ingram, where you can find a thriving art community. There's a turn-off to the south just west of town but it's easy to miss! In 1958 the Hill Country Arts Foundation was established with an emphasis on providing cultural arts to the region. It offers both art classes and theater for professionals and amateurs. An afternoon visiting the studios or the main art gallery displaying rotating exhibits of regional, national, and international artists is a worthwhile experience.
Ingram's many art galleries are in "Old Ingram," the older section of town off Texas Highways 39 and 27. Most galleries are closed on Mondays (some shops will close on Tuesday and Wednesday as well November through January, depending on weather and clientele).
Ingram at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Hill Country
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Horseshoe Bay
- Johnson City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe