- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This small town west of San Antonio, in the Medina River Valley, is known as the "Little Alsace of Texas." The town's deep French roots began with founder Henri Castro, who first came to Texas in 1842.
Elsewhere in The Hill Country
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- Horseshoe Bay
- Johnson City
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's