- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Antonio International Airport (SAT) is in northeast San Antonio between Highway 281 and I-410, about 13 miles from the downtown River Walk area. The Pan Am Expressway leads from the airport to the central business district.
VIA Metropolitan Transit provides daily bus service between the airport and downtown. SATRANS offers shared-van shuttle service from the airport; the typical fare to a downtown hotel is $9 one-way, $16 round-trip. Taxis provide 24-hour service at a standard metered rate of $1.60 at pick-up plus $0.30 per 0.2 mile. From the airport there is a minimum departure charge of $8.50. A typical airport-to-downtown fare is $15 to $17 plus tip.
San Antonio International Airport. San Antonio International Airport. 9800 Airport Blvd., San Antonio, TX. 210/207–3450. www.sanantonio.gov/aviation.
Shuttle Service Information
Executive Airport and Taxi Service (210/824-1037.)
San Antonio Taxis (210/444-2222.)
Yellow Checker Cab (210/226-4242.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's