- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brackenridge House of San Antonio
At a Glance
- Reasonably priced for one of San Antonio's most sought-after B&B spots
- one of the best breakfasts in town
- Rooms are smallish and often difficult to book, especially at peak tourist times
Check Rates from our Partners
Brackenridge House of San Antonio Review
The first B&B in the King William Historic District, Brackenridge House has a two-story veranda overlooking a tree-lined street. The three-course breakfast is a highlight, with signature dishes of Texas eggs Benedict (thick Texas toast replaces the English muffin) and pancakes with homemade blueberry sauce. Enjoy the view from front-porch rockers and porch swings as you watch the horse-drawn trolleys go by. Rooms are lushly decorated with turn-of-the-20th-century accoutrements, and the service is top-notch.
- Address: 230 Madison St., King William Historic District, San Antonio, TX, 78204 | Map It
- Phone: 210/271-3442; 800/221-1412
- Website: www.brackenridgehouse.com
- Location: King William Historic District
- 2 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $11.12 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
I'm thinking of a trip to Houston from Dallas Thursday 7/4 to Saturday 7/6. Ideally I'd like to visit the Galleria for a little bit, but my focus will be on the art museum district (Menil, Housto Read more
· News & Features
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways?... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
A bike sharing program, cool new eateries inside an old brewery, chic boutique hotels—would you... Read more