- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bonner Garden Bed and Breakfast
At a Glance
- Quiet, charming and relaxing
- reasonably good value for an in-town B&B
- Relatively small rooms
- neighborhood a little sketchy at night
Bonner Garden Bed and Breakfast Review
Part of the Monte Vista Historic District (larger but less known than nearby King William), this inn sits amid some of the city's most beautiful homes and best restaurants. Built in 1910 for a Louisiana aristocrat and home to artist Mary Bonner, the 5,000-square-foot, Italianate villa is decorated with Bonner's art and retains many of the details of the original building, such as hand-painted porcelain fireplaces (in three rooms) and tile floors. Suites have luxurious whirlpool baths. The rooftop patio has a panoramic view of downtown San Antonio.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
Do we need to rent a car whilst situated at the Embassy Suites Hotel off of South Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas?
We will be there for one week at the end of June.
We have family members there who do Read more
· News & Features
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways?... Read more
Whether you're a cocktail aficionado or a mixology amateur, you'll learn a ton about your favorite drinks... Read more
A bike sharing program, cool new eateries inside an old brewery, chic boutique hotels—would you... Read more