San Antonio Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
San Antonio Top 5
Peace Like a River Walk: Meandering through the heart of downtown, the San Antonio River won't elude you. Walk along its cypress-draped serenity for a relaxing stroll, or take a dinner cruise aboard a barge.
On a Mission Trail: Five missions from the 1700s, including the Alamo, are all within city limits. Follow the signs to find these exquisite buildings with Spanish-colonial architecture.
An Art Attack: At museums, galleries, and a school devoted to arts education, the arts—and artists—are flourishing in San Antonio. Take in an exhibition while in town, or watch an artist at work.
Hispanic Culture: From the new Alameda museum focusing on Latino arts to the shops, restaurants, and entertainment at Market Square, a Mexican sensibility saturates San Antonio.
Family Fun: Thrill rides, Shamu sightings, serious splashing at the water parks, and a science-themed tree house at the Witte Museum are the reasons kids (and their parents) want to keep coming back to San Antonio.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $11.12 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com