- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Houston has two major airports: Hobby Airport, 9 mi (15 km) southeast of downtown, and George Bush Intercontinental, 15 mi (24 km) northeast of the city. All the major rental companies have a presence at these airports, so for convenience's sake, it's best to rent them there. However, car-rental offices can be found all over the area, so if you you're in Galveston and decide to take a day trip to Houston, or vice versa, you can easily rent a car from an outpost near your hotel.
Houston Intercontinental Airport. 2800 North Terminal Rd., Houston, TX. 281/230-3100. www.fly2houston.com.
William P. Hobby Airport. 7800 Airport Blvd., Houston, TX. 713/640-3000. www.fly2houston.com.
Galveston Limousine Service. 800/640-4826. www.galvestonlimousineservice.com.
Yellow Cab of Galveston. 409/763–3333.
Super Shuttle. 800/258–3826.
United Cab (Houston taxis). 713/699–0000.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe