- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Magnolia Hotel Houston
At a Glance
- Great central location and outstanding customer service
- No self-parking, immediate blocks offer few dining and nightlife options
Check Rates from our Partners
Magnolia Hotel Houston Review
Formerly the Houston Post-Dispatch newspaper building and the original corporate headquarters for Shell Oil Company, the chic Magnolia takes a historic property in a modern, well-designed direction. Guests enjoy a complimentary nightly cocktail reception, as well as a milk-and-cookies buffet right before bedtime. The rooftop pool offers great downtown views. Bedding and linens are amazing, some of the best we've experienced.
- Address: 1100 Texas Ave., Downtown, Houston, TX 77002 | Map It
- Phone: 713/221–0011; 888/915–1110
- Website: www.magnoliahotels.com/houston/magnolia-hotel-houston.php
- Location: Downtown/Theater District
- 255 rooms, 59 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. ... Read more
No, Houston might not be at the top of your bucket list, but with a flowing art scene, fine dining, and... Read more
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis is testing the limits of your appetite... Read more