Don't look for the sign—there isn't one at this clubby, see-and-be-seen River Oaks sorta-Tex-Mex favorite. Re-opened in its third incarnation in March 2007, Armando Palacios's eponymous eatery—fashioned after 1920s Mexico City—is consistently packed with friends and regulars who love the clean, simple signature fajitas, queso flameado (a cheese dip made with chorizo and served with flour tortillas), and fresh lime-juice margaritas. "It's like our version of New York's Waverly Inn," says the owner. The bar is always hopping, and not with the young and the restless, either. Reserve the private room in the back for your next air-kissing celebration.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a trip coming from Central Arkansas, to Southern La, then across to Galveston, TX. It was me and my husband and our three child... Read more
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Thought you might enjoy some informat... Read more