Houston and Galveston Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Houston & Galveston Top 5
World-class Art. Houston is home to eclectic institutions like the Menil Collection, the Rothko Chapel, and world-famous Museum of Fine Arts, as well as off-the-wall places like the Art Car Museum and the kitschy Orange Show.
Sports Lovers' Paradise. Root for any number of home teams. Major League Baseball's Astros, the National Basketball Association's Rockets, the National Football League's Texans, the American Hockey League's Aeros, the WNBA's Comets, and Major League Soccer's Dynamo are all here.
Black-belt Shopping. Houston's famed Galleria—with a Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Cartier, Chanel, YSL, Louis Vuitton, and an indoor-skating rink—draws affluent shoppers from all over the world.
Affordable International Dining. Houston's best-kept secret is that it's one of America's best dining cities. Korean barbecue? Check. Texas Barbecue? Check. You'll find pretty much every cuisine imaginable in the Bayou City, without pretense and at a great price.
Parks & Trees. Skyscrapers loom in the distance, yet the natural beauty along Allen Parkway reminds you that Houston was built along a wild bayou. Green spaces flourish in all corners of the city. The two crown jewels are Memorial Park and Hermann Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's