Guadalupe Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Guadalupe Mountains National Park is a study in extremes: it has mountaintop forests but also rocky canyons; arid deserts and yet a stream that winds through verdant woods. The park is home to the Texas madrone tree, found commonly only here and in Big Bend National Park. Guadalupe Mountains National Park also has the distinction of hosting the loftiest spot in Texas: 8,749-foot Guadalupe Peak. The mountain dominates the view from every approach, but it's just one member of a rugged range carved by wind, water, and time.
Things To Do in Guadalupe Mountains National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $99 -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast & Parking, 40% Off The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- $169 -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 50% Off Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $11.12 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
- $56 -- 4-Star North Dallas Hotel — $56 Hotwire.com
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more