- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak's Texas Eagle stops in Fort Worth and Dallas every day as part of the line from Chicago to San Antonio. The route continues to Los Angeles three days a week. A separate route, the Heartland Flyer, provides daily service between Fort Worth and Oklahoma City.
The Trinity Railway Express is a commuter train that runs west to east and back again, connecting Fort Worth, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, and Dallas. It is operated jointly by The T in Fort Worth and Dallas Area Rapid Transit. A premium pass from either system will allow transportation on the TRE.
Union Station. 400 S. Houston St., Dallas, TX. 214/653-1101.
Fort Worth Intermodal Transportation Center. 1001 Jones St., Fort Worth, TX. 817/332-2931.
Trinity Railway Express. 4801 Rock Island Rd., Irving, TX. 817/215-8600 or 214/979-1111. www.trinityrailwayexpress.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's