- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Southfork Ranch Review
About 40 minutes north of Downtown Dallas lies one of the city's most enduring landmarks, Southfork Ranch. Built in 1970, the ranch became one of the city's best-known symbols after the TV show Dallas premiered in 1978. You can tour the mansion, have lunch at Miss Ellie's Deli, and try to remember who shot J. R. Unless you're a diehard fan of the show or are already in the Plano area, it's probably not worth the drive or expense.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping... Read more
If your experience of Dallas is limited to Gate 36 at the airport, its time to stop laying over and actually... Read more
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis is testing the limits of your appetite... Read more