Corpus Christi Travel Guide
Plan Your Corpus Christi Vacation
Discovered and dubbed Corpus Christi (literally, "body of Christ") in the early 1500s, the town languished under heavy-handed pirates for more than three centuries until the settlement finally emerged as Kinney’s Trading post in 1839. Seven years later, the city reverted to its original name, citing the need for "a more specific postmark." During the next few decades, arrival of the railroads and construction of a deepwater port fueled Corpus Christi’s expansion as a trade center for cotton, cattle, and oil. Today, the town of approximately 300,000 is still a coastal-based economy as the sixth-largest port in the United States, where more than 6 million visitors a year come to relax and enjoy the Texas coast lifestyle.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Corpus Christi restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Corpus Christi
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas-Area 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 45% The Westin Park Central Dallas
- $206 & up -- Houston 4-Star Hotel near Galleria, 25% Off Hotel Granduca
- $159-$189 -- Grand Opening: Weekends at Luxe Houston Hotel JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- $519 -- Austin: 4-Star Vacation from Philadelphia Expedia
- $84-$129 -- Weekends at Dallas-Area Hotel, Save 40% Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
- $179-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Dallas Hotel, Save 30% Dallas Marriott City Center
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50% Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25% Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $119 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% Off The Westin Galleria Houston
- $135 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55% The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $179 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 40% The Westin Galleria Dallas
- $134 & up -- Houston Hotels in Summer incl. $70 in Extras Hilton Houston Post Oak and Hilton Americas-Houston
- $11.34 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a trip coming from Central Arkansas, to Southern La, then across to Galveston, TX. It was me and my husband and our three child... Read more
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Thought you might enjoy some informat... Read more
Hello everyone, Myself and my boyfriend are in our 20's, living in NYC for the last year and originally from Ireland. We are due to h... Read more