- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Within its 1,252 square mi, the West Texas park encompasses almost every type of landscape and habitat, from the tall Chisos Mountains that form its center to the arid Chihuahuan Desert at its feet—plus a wooded river environment along the Rio Grande. Nature's paintbrush sweeps a surprising abundance of color across the arroyos and canyons, valleys and peaks, while man's efforts have left sites to explore, including caves with pictographs sketched by long-abandoned civilizations and mines once used to extract mercury ore.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's