- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Curio in the Basin
The Curio in the Basin Review
If you're looking to while away time or pick up something unique, browse at the Chisos Mountains Lodge gift shop, packed with oddities like Desert Queen perfume, made with the flowers of a night-blooming cactus, and colorfully and painstakingly painted wooden animals from Mexico's Oaxaca region. The shop, adjacent to the lodge's restaurant and reservation desk, also carries books and DVDs on Big Bend, walking sticks, and gourmet Texas-themed foods and sauces, as well as photo supplies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My friend and I want to visit Austin in July. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more