- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chisos Mountains Lodge
At a Glance
- central location for numerous hiking trails and scenic drives
- free Wi-Fi in most rooms
- no phones or TVs
Check Rates from our Partners
Chisos Mountains Lodge Review
With ranger talks just next door at the visitor center, miles of hiking trails to suit all levels of fitness, and plenty of wildlife nearby, these comfortable rooms—some of which have been nicely remodeled—are a great place for families with kids. The lodge is also central to most activities within park boundaries. The majority of rooms are motel-style (some with balconies), but for a romantic getaway, reserve a stone cottage built by the Civilian Conservation Corps 70 years ago. Make advance reservations during the October-to-May busy season—up to a year's lead time is not out of the question for spring break and holidays.
- Address: 7 miles southwest of Chisos Basin Junction and 9 miles southwest of Panther Junction, Big Bend National Park, TX 79834 | Map It
- Phone: 432/477–2291 desk; 877/386–4383 reservations
- Website: www.chisosmountainslodge.com
- Location: Big Bend National Park
- 72 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My friend and I want to visit Austin in July. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more