- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chisos Mountains Lodge
At a Glance
- central location for numerous hiking trails and scenic drives
- free Wi-Fi in most rooms
- no phones or TVs
Chisos Mountains Lodge Review
With ranger talks just next door at the visitor center, miles of hiking trails to suit all levels of fitness, and plenty of wildlife nearby, these comfortable rooms—some of which have been nicely remodeled—are a great place for families with kids. The lodge is also central to most activities within park boundaries. The majority of rooms are motel-style (some with balconies), but for a romantic getaway, reserve a stone cottage built by the Civilian Conservation Corps 70 years ago. Make advance reservations during the October-to-May busy season—up to a year's lead time is not out of the question for spring break and holidays.
- Address: 7 miles southwest of Chisos Basin Junction and 9 miles southwest of Panther Junction, Big Bend National Park, TX 79834 | Map It
- Phone: 432/477–2291 desk; 877/386–4383 reservations
- Website: www.chisosmountainslodge.com
- Location: Big Bend National Park
- 72 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip here around the 2nd week in January..we'll have about 7-10 days, and are wondering how to split our time between the 2 areas, places to stay etc. Enjoy history, scenery....no Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more