- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A favorite of many West Texans spending the day in Alpine, the Reata ("rope" in Spanish) feels both welcoming and upscale, with lots of big, wooden tables and a pleasant rancher/cowboy vibe. It's a "howdy"-type place with a touch of discretion. Service is prompt but down-home. The menu features Tex-Mex accents such as tortilla soup and carne asada, while reflecting its Texas roots with dishes like calf fries and gravy. Of course, here's the beef—from a legendary ranch in the nearby Davis Mountains. The dessert tray is simply a work of art.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more