Nightlife & the Arts in Big Bend National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Big Bend National Park Nightlife
Most of the art in the park can be found on canyon walls—pictographs line the cliffs in the southern area of Big Bend—and inside the walls of the park visitor centers. There are plans to build a theater in the park by 2016; in the meantime, movies about the park's wildlife and geology are often shown at Persimmon Gap, Panther Junction, and Rio Grande Village visitor centers.
If you're looking to socialize, try the Rio Grande Village. Chances are, people will be grilling and shooting the breeze in this 100-site campground. Or, head to Hot Springs if you're in the mood to view the Milky Way with a few other folks (depending on the season). The bulk of the area's fine-arts, festivals, live music, dancing, and other entertainment options lies in towns outside the park's borders.
While the park doesn't have specific entertainment events set up, the crystal-clear nighttime skies, breathtaking from Hot Springs, make for some stellar (literally) entertainment. Taking in the park's gorgeous sunsets, which range from deep, flamingo-tongue red to indigo to butter yellow, isn't a bad pastime either.
Browse Big Bend National Park Nightlife
Browse Big Bend National Park Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's