Big Bend National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Naturalist's Big Bend, by Roland H. Wauer and Carl M. Fleming, paints a picture of the park's diverse plants and animals.
Big Bend, The Story Behind the Scenery, by Carol E. Sperling and Mary L. Van Camp, is rife with colorful photos illustrating the park's history and geology.
For gleeful and awestruck thoughts on the Big Bend wilderness, check out God's Country or Devil's Playground, which collects the writing of nearly 60 authors.
The Natural History Association's Road Guide ($1.95) gives in-depth information on the web of paved and improved dirt roads running through the park—and the views you can see from them. Find it on sale at park visitor centers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's