Big Bend National Park Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Big Bend National Park
Varied terrain: Visit gilded desert, a fabled river, bird-filled woods, and mountain spirals all in the same day.
Wonderful wildlife: Catch sight of the park's extremely diverse number of animals, including approximately two dozen shy mountain lions and eight to twelve lumbering bears.
Bird-watching: Spy a pied-billed grebe or another member of the park's more than 400 bird species, including the Lucifer hummingbird and the unique-to-this-area pato mexicano (Mexican duck).
Hot spots: Dip into the natural hot springs (105°F) near Rio Grande Village.
Mile-high mountains: Lace up those hiking boots and climb the Chisos Mountains, reaching almost 8,000 feet skyward in some places and remaining cool even during the most scorching Southern summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's