- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
West Austin/Zilker Park
Zilker Park is Austin's regular daily backyard and playground, where Austinites go to swim, jog, and hang back with a barbecue platter and a beer. West Austin generally refers to the area just west of Lamar Boulevard (not to be confused with West Lake, which is the tony area west of Lake Austin). It's a laid-back, pleasant area with some good shopping strips and restaurants.
West Austin/Zilker Park at a Glance
Elsewhere in Austin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's