- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
University of Texas
Envisioning Austin without the University of Texas is well-nigh impossible. The sprawling campus itself is home to both intimate charm (winding pathways past stone university buildings) and spectacle (the landmark UT Tower, the ultra-new Blanton Museum of Art, the LBJ Library and Museum, and of course Memorial Stadium, home of those Longhorns). Parking can be a problem anywhere on or around campus (most parking spaces are reserved for students, faculty, and staff, and the Drag is always crowded when school is in session—and don't even think of driving down there on Longhorn football home game days).
University of Texas at a Glance
Elsewhere in Austin
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe