- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Curra's Grill Review
If you're looking for authentic Mexican food at an affordable price (read: cheaper than Fonda San Miguel), Curra's is your best bet. Both locations, south and northwest of center, are casual. Cochinita pibil (marinated pork cooked in banana leaves) is as moist, tender, and flavorful as it ought to be; the shrimp and fajitas are a cut above most Austin establishments. Outstanding brunch entrées are served all day—you might want to sample the enchiladas Chiapas (in a poblano cream sauce) or the enchiladas Curras, filled with melted Monterey Jack cheese and covered with carne guisada (flank steak in a tomato, onion, and pepper sauce with herbs and spices).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more