- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- spacious, comfortable rooms are quiet and private
- seasonally-evolving menus are creative and flavorful
- lighting along stairwells and footpaths is dim, making it difficult to see at night
- wall units for air conditioning and heating in the rooms take away from the luxurious appeal
Check Rates from our Partners
Nestled along a hilltop ridge only about 20 miles from Austin, Travaasa Spa & Resort has a fresh image of wellness and luxury that artfully mingles the beauty of the Hill Country with rustic architecture and lush native landscaping. In a way, Travaasa almost feels like a glammed-up summer camp. Caliche pathways that crunch beneath your flip flops, primitive hiking trails that meander the hillside, and for the outdoor lover in us all, ropes courses, horseback riding, and a 3-acre working farm on sight that offers agricultural and culinary classes. Most importantly, it's a place where you can unplug from daily life at the scenic negative-edge pool overlooking the valley, in the spa taking advantage of a full menu of treatments, or through the varying menu of invigorating yoga and fitness classes. Out-of-towners will notice a particularly "Tex-ifed" list of activities that include Two-Step dancing, campfire star-gazing, harmonica lessons and even mechanical bull riding. Executive Chef Benjamin Baker has developed relationships with local farmers and purveyors to design the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus not only to fit within the desires of the health-conscious spa goer, but also to appeal to the foodie in everyone. (All menu items include a complete list of nutrition facts.) Rooms are arranged in a few different floor plans and sizes. Third floor rooms offer exquisite tree-top views of the regional landscape. Most are equipped with flat-screen cable TV, although there are a few without for those that don't want the tempting distraction. Plush pillows, firm beds, and big puffy down comforters ensure a comfortable sleep. À la carte and all-inclusive packages are available.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more