Mobile AppDownload Austin - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Shady Grove Review
If any one restaurant defines the laid-back, somewhat goofy Austin aesthetic, it's probably Shady Grove. On any clear day, expect the stone patio here to be packed with folks fighting the heat with schooner-sized frozen margaritas. Visitors to Barton Springs Pool frequent this state park–theme establishment for its funky vibe, high-profile music events, and huge servings of simple fare. Burgers and hot dogs are big movers here, as are the vegetarian "hippie sandwiches" (roasted eggplant and grilled vegetables) and impossibly large salads. On summer evenings the patio becomes a dine-in theater, as vintage movies are projected onto an outdoor screen.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a trip coming from Central Arkansas, to Southern La, then across to Galveston, TX. It was me and my husband and our three child... Read more
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Thought you might enjoy some informat... Read more
Hello everyone, Myself and my boyfriend are in our 20's, living in NYC for the last year and originally from Ireland. We are due to h... Read more