- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Oasis–Lake Travis
The Oasis–Lake Travis Review
A 2005 fire destroyed most of the wooden outdoor deck seating that made the cliffside Oasis–Lake Travis such a draw, but the Austin institution has been rebuilt and re-emerged with perhaps even more spirit; some consider the food much improved as well. Scenic views make this a popular spot for sunset dinners—sometimes too popular, as weekend crowds can be overwhelming in nice weather. If you can, try to get one of the tables overlooking Lake Travis (arrive early). The menu includes shrimp, burgers, fajitas, and margaritas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week.... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more