- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Matt's Famous El Rancho
Matt's Famous El Rancho Review
Opened by the Martinez family in 1952, this South Austin landmark does old-school Tex-Mex extremely well, and you'll hear few complaints from diners. Combination dinners are many and varied, with all the usual standbys: enchiladas, tamales, crispy tacos, and more. Diehards swear by the chiles rellenos and old-fashioned tacos. The expansive dining room can get noisy at peak hours, but the large outdoor patio is pleasant in good weather. Be sure to strike up a conversation with the staff—some employees have worked here for decades.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more