- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- Luxurious, quiet rooms
- nice pool and health club
- Removed from downtown
- pricey in high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Hotels Review
The enormous, skylit lobby of this hotel—connected to the upscale Arboretum shopping center—is an eccentric mix of Victorian-style street lamps, crystal chandeliers, and giant mobiles. Rooms, on the other hand, are soothingly traditional, and the front doors of most open onto the atrium. Some on upper floors have great views of the surrounding parkland, with the downtown skyline in the distance. You couldn't spend the night any closer to Restoration Hardware, Banana Republic, or any of the mall's other specialty shops. There's also an indoor pool with whirlpool, and the decent-size health club has a good assortment of cycles, treadmills, and free weights. The restaurant overlooks a 95-acre park. All rooms are no-smoking.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more