- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel San José
At a Glance
- Epitome of South Austin cool and the antidote to antiseptic motels everywhere
- Not for those who don't appreciate Zen-style simplicity
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel San José Review
This quaint-but-hip stand of 1936 bungalows, in the middle of the action on South Congress, was transformed from a derelict motor court into a warren of rooms and suites done up in South Austin chic: a modern, minimalist style adorned with balconies, patios, and tropical vegetation. Rooms have concrete floors, flat-screen TVs, and pine furniture created by a Marfa, Texas, artist. Butterfly chairs abound inside and out. The pool is small (and could be cleaner) but pretty, and there's no on-site restaurant but ever-hip Jo's Coffee Shop is just across the parking lot, and many good eateries are a brief stroll away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Last year during end of December, I went for a cross country road trip from San Diego to somewhere east of it. Read more
we are off to san antonio and will be staying right next to the majestic theater. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week.... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more