- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hotel San José
At a Glance
- Epitome of South Austin cool and the antidote to antiseptic motels everywhere
- Not for those who don't appreciate Zen-style simplicity
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel San José Review
This quaint-but-hip stand of 1936 bungalows, in the middle of the action on South Congress, was transformed from a derelict motor court into a warren of rooms and suites done up in South Austin chic: a modern, minimalist style adorned with balconies, patios, and tropical vegetation. Rooms have concrete floors, flat-screen TVs, and pine furniture created by a Marfa, Texas, artist. Butterfly chairs abound inside and out. The pool is small (and could be cleaner) but pretty, and there's no on-site restaurant but ever-hip Jo's Coffee Shop is just across the parking lot, and many good eateries are a brief stroll away.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more