- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Wyndham Garden Hotel–Austin
At a Glance
- Good value
- exceptionally well-designed
- excellent service
- You'll need a car
Check Rates from our Partners
Wyndham Garden Hotel–Austin Review
This five-story hotel 3 mi south of downtown is an impressive sight from the highway, with its stone-and-whitewashed-yellow facade with "lone stars" everywhere. The big-as-Texas motif continues into the contemporary lobby with oversize leather sofas and large portraits of local musicians. Rooms, renovated in 2007, have pale yellow walls, one king or two full beds (in doubles), granite bathroom sinks, and free Wi-Fi. Most guests rave about the friendly, professional staff. An airport shuttle is free, and the screen by the front desk displays arrivals and departures at the international airport. Executive rooms have a leather club chair, 42-inch flat-screen TV, and a separate shower and tub.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more