Mobile AppDownload Austin - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
At a Glance
- Fun, hopping neighborhood
- friendly staff
- hip and artistic
- Not for those who prefer their lodgings new and with an excess of amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Austin Motel Review
What used to be a fading 1938 motor court is now a fun and funky motel. On the hopping South Congress stretch of trendy restaurants, clubs, and shops, this crash pad is a favorite with musicians and artsy folk, who hang by the pool and hot tub, with whimsical concrete statuary for company. Imaginative rooms range from sedate to outrageous and from a diminutive all-white room to palatial pool-view rooms. The '70s-style Flamingo Room is decked out with shag pillows and blue, pink, and turquoise leatherette chairs. The staff aims to please.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a trip coming from Central Arkansas, to Southern La, then across to Galveston, TX. It was me and my husband and our three child... Read more
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Thought you might enjoy some informat... Read more