- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Austin Airport
At a Glance
- close to airport
- Isolated from areas beyond the airport
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Austin Airport Review
On the grounds of the Austin–Bergstrom International Airport, this circular building was built in the late '60s as a U.S. Air Force base (known as "the donut") and reopened as a hotel in 2001. The atrium is like a Texan starship, with a dome soaring above three balconied floors, and limestone pillars surrounding a central bar area. Rooms overlook the atrium or the large outdoor pool and hot tub with adjacent above-average fitness center. Rooms have well-padded beds, two-cup coffeemakers, and Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. A touchscreen near the front desk allows you to pay bills, check out, and even print airline boarding passes, and a free shuttle runs to and from airport terminals. Ample meeting space and four ballrooms mean many events and conferences. The hotel is smoke-free.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
Winter break to San Antonio, from 22 to 25 Dec, alone, no car... need some good advice from you...
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more