- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hilton Austin Airport
At a Glance
- close to airport
- Isolated from areas beyond the airport
Check Rates from our Partners
Hilton Austin Airport Review
On the grounds of the Austin–Bergstrom International Airport, this circular building was built in the late '60s as a U.S. Air Force base (known as "the donut") and reopened as a hotel in 2001. The atrium is like a Texan starship, with a dome soaring above three balconied floors, and limestone pillars surrounding a central bar area. Rooms overlook the atrium or the large outdoor pool and hot tub with adjacent above-average fitness center. Rooms have well-padded beds, two-cup coffeemakers, and Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. A touchscreen near the front desk allows you to pay bills, check out, and even print airline boarding passes, and a free shuttle runs to and from airport terminals. Ample meeting space and four ballrooms mean many events and conferences. The hotel is smoke-free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more