- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rudy's BBQ Review
Many local barbecue snobs turn up their noses at Rudy's because it's a chain (albeit Texas-based) with hokey decor, but plenty of Austinites count this as their "go-to" choice for brisket, ribs, or sausage. Takeout is brisk, but many a diner chows down at the vinyl-covered picnic tables. Three kinds of brisket—regular, extra moist, and extra lean—are cooked with a dry spice over wood fired with oak (not mesquite). Go for the extra moist unless you're watching your waist. The peppery "sause" (available bottled) is added at the table. Aside from brisket, there are pork and baby back ribs, pork loin, prime rib (not worth the extra cost, we think), and even turkey breast. Sides are uniformly good, especially the creamed corn, which has a cult following.
- Address: 11570 Research Blvd., Northwest Austin, Austin, TX 78759 | Map It
- Phone: 512/418–9898
- Website: www.rudys.com/
- Location: Greater Austin
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 7709 FM 620, Lake Travis, Austin, TX, 512/250–8002
- 2451 Capital of Texas Hwy. S., West Lake, Austin, TX, 512/329–5554
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The Mineola Nature preserve is a great system of trails for running, mountain biking, hiking or horseback riding in East Texas. Read more
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I thought I would post a little report about my weekend in west Texas in case anyone does a search on this forum for Fort Davis, the McDonald Observatory, Read more
What city is warm year round and can access a lot of the city without driving or at least be able to get to and from home and job without driving. Read more
· News & Features
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles,... Read more
Austin's never-ending list of hot new restaurants is tough to keep up with.... Read more
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room?... Read more