- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Rudy's BBQ Review
Many local barbecue snobs turn up their noses at Rudy's because it's a chain (albeit Texas-based) with hokey decor, but plenty of Austinites count this as their "go-to" choice for brisket, ribs, or sausage. Takeout is brisk, but many a diner chows down at the vinyl-covered picnic tables. Three kinds of brisket—regular, extra moist, and extra lean—are cooked with a dry spice over wood fired with oak (not mesquite). Go for the extra moist unless you're watching your waist. The peppery "sause" (available bottled) is added at the table. Aside from brisket, there are pork and baby back ribs, pork loin, prime rib (not worth the extra cost, we think), and even turkey breast. Sides are uniformly good, especially the creamed corn, which has a cult following.
- Address: 11570 Research Blvd., Northwest Austin, Austin, TX 78759 | Map It
- Phone: 512/418–9898
- Website: www.rudys.com/
- Location: Greater Austin
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 7709 FM 620, Lake Travis, Austin, TX, 512/250–8002
- 2451 Capital of Texas Hwy. S., West Lake, Austin, TX, 512/329–5554
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My friend and I want to visit Austin in July. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more