- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Casino el Camino
Casino el Camino Review
This two-story club with a pleasant patio out back is the place to chow down on 6th Street. Put in your order at the kitchen window at the back of the bar, then return in 20 minutes for your grilled chicken-breast sandwich (with barbecue sauce, melted cheese, and sautéed peppers and onions), quarter-pound hot dogs, or the best and certainly biggest burgers in town, made from 3/4-pound of Angus beef. If you have an especially daring palate, opt for the Amarillo burger, with roasted Serrano chilies, jalapeño jack cheese, and cilantro mayo. The chicken wings are great, but be forewarned: the "medium" wings would be most other places' "atomic hot," so have plenty of liquid refreshment at hand.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $8 & up -- Car Rentals across Texas CarRentals.com
Okay, we get this little "ski break" early February each year and I'm not much of a skier so I'm always struggling to find a place to go. Read more
We (husband & 9 yr old son) are on an 8 week trip of a lifetime to the US. Read more
My son, 25 yr, would like to take his girlfriend to Fredricksburg to tour some wineries and propose. Read more
· News & Features
Think all you need to do SXSW is a ticket to Austin and a hotel room?... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
Whether it's for SXSW or just to soak up some cool kid vibes, everyone is heading to Austin.... Read more