- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
When this well-known, extremely-big-box Swedish home furnishings retailer opened in November 2006, it sent shivers throughout Austin's retail furniture establishment. The 250,000-square-foot outlet is located about 22 mi north of downtown Austin, just off I–35. Set aside at least two hours to wander through the store (you have to follow certain paths to get from one end to the other). IKEA also has a decent and very low-priced café, where you can get one of the best cups of coffee in town for less than a buck.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Many thanks to those of you who provided advice on our spring break trip to San Antonio, Texas! Read more
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Austin's South by Southwest Festival kicks off next week. ... Read more
Kick off your new year's resolution-primed vacation by booking a trip to a close-to-home resort where... Read more
This fall saw the debut of the Hotel Ella, a 47-room hotel in Austin, Texas, set in a reimagined forme... Read more