- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North Austin/Hyde Park
One of Austin's oldest residential neighborhoods, Hyde Park is a calm area near the University of Texas, filled with charming older houses. North Austin will be familiar to most visitors via the I-35 corridor, chockablock with hotels and motels of all sorts, but there's a lot more to the neighborhood than that one relatively small part. North Austin may seem like one big commercial working-class strip (apart from myriad medical offices, clinics, and hospitals), but it's also home to the gourmet supermarket Central Market (Whole Foods' main competitor in town), many interesting independent upscale shops, and some outstanding ethnic restaurants.
North Austin/Hyde Park at a Glance
Elsewhere in Austin
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's